[DML] Re: The Bricklin

Pedar,

The Bricklin came with two different engines. Some have a Ford 351 CID
Windsor and some have an AMC 360 CID. I've never actually seen one, but I
know some folks who have. From what I've gathered, Bricklins suffered from a
quality problem. I believe this probably sealed their fate. That and the
fact that Malcolm Bricklin was a rich man who had no experience in the car
business like DeLorean had. I think Bricklin's company simply ran out of
money.

The Organization of Bricklin Owners is having a gathering September 16-18 at
the Charlotte, NC Speedway to celebrate the Bricklin's 25th anniversary. I'm
going to try and go one day just so that I can see a Bricklin SV1 for myself
and compare it to my DeLorean. This event is advertised in "Hemmings Motor
News." The man to contact is Joseph F. DeLorenzo at 716-247-1575. He can
probably tell you some sites and give you some info on events relating to the
Bricklin like the one I mentioned.

I hope this helps.

Brian
VIN 1597