[DML] Re: RV: Need Tech Info.

I'm not sure what you mean by "legal" or "official" version but you
can turbocharge just about any car. Depending on how much boost you
want to run will determine the cost and difficulty of installation.
You'll need to have a machine shop make custom exhaust manifolds to
bolt up a turbo(s). Unless there is an aftermarket kit that I am
unaware of. Garrett and Turbonetics are a good place to start
looking for turbos. You'll need a wastegate, blow off valve, and an
intercooler if you want to run more than 5psi(recommended). If you
have any more questions let me know.

>From: "Daniel Delmastro Luriaud" <dandelluri@xxxx>
>To: "DeLorean Mail List" <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [DML] RV: Need Tech Info.
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 02:37:48 +0100
>
>Hi All!
>
>I'm interested to buy my D. soon (5 speed) and I need to know few
technical aspects of the car, and these are: Exist any "oficial"
or "legal" version of the Turbo DMC 12?, May be some "Twin Turbo"
version?, If the answer is NO, could somebody tell me if is possible
to make this adaptation to the original PRV engine, and may be give
me an idea of how much this operation could cost?, and, what turbo
brand could be better?. May be I will need better brake system, it is
possible to fit an ABS to the D.?. Thanks a lot in advance and
receive a warm greeting!