Re: [DMCForum] Mode switch

Ryan,

Yep, I studied that diagram until my eyes crossed and
it was of no help.  I know which colors go to which
number on the switch, but to which actuator is what is
not clear.  The names of valves, from the manual, are
of little help, since their location on the actual
unit is what is important.

The problem with Josh's car is that when I got in
there to work on his radio, I found three of the five
vacuum lines were disconnected totally and one of the
lines was missing completely.  I'm sure I have the
'source and heater' lines done correctly and I'm 95%
sure I got the other three in the right place.  The
reason I was hoping for a better diagram or pictures
is that once I close everything up, I don't want to
have to go in there, ever again!!

Mike

--- Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> On 9/17/07, mike clemens <rmclemns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >  Now, a serious question----I've studied the
> manual,
> >  I've looked at all the diagrams, and I've traced
> every
> >  lead I can find----but I still cannot find a
> diagram
> >  that shows me how the Mode Switch connects to
> each
> >  individual valve.  I know the names of the
> >  connections, but I would like to know where the
> >  physical location is.  Does anyone have this
> >  handy???????  Pictures would be great!!
>
> I had to carefully look at the mode switch routing
> diagram to figure
> this out. I assume you've looked at that? My car
> came with the vacuum
> lines misconfigured and it took me seemingly forever
> to figure out how
> to re-route them properly. All I ever found was that
> diagram. I just
> tried to look it up on DMCH's site but, apparently,
> for no good reason
> whatsoever, their entire online parts catalog has
> been removed.
>
> -Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional