Re: [DMCForum] Re: Global Warming Swindle

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Global Warming Swindle

jonheese wrote:

Yeah, it is more and more difficult for the layperson to get real,
true, unmolested data and analysis on this topic. Both sides have
been politicized and the waters have been muddied to the point where
it's easy not to know which side to trust.

I don't have an answer for you. You just have to do your due
diligence and research what's being published.

 >> YOU SAID IT. I really like that I've promoted good discussion on the
topic, and as long as it stays friendly and objective, that's a GOOD THING.

I came away from the documentary leaning towards its conclusions. I
still think pollution is bad and recycling is good but when it comes to
global warming.... there are lies, damn lies and statistics. Show me one
person who says the greenhouse effect is man-made, and I'll show you
someone who says it isn't. What's needed is healthy debate, and I think
nobody'd argue that the documentary put across well the idea that
"Global Warming" has become a religion and those who denounce it are
treated as on the same level as holocaust deniers is pretty on the
money, IMO. (perhaps not quite as extreme!)

MY PREDICTION:

If this documentary is to be believed, then within the next 20-50 years,
average temperatures will either level off or start to fall. And as was
pointed out in the documentary, by the time it does, we'll have
forgotten all about those people who made those predictions...

Keep discussions open, and keep an open mind. You've been reading sites
debunking the documentary, and as Greg said, how about reading those
sites debunking Al Gore's "truth"? How is one more "propaganda" than the
other?

Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional