RE: [DMCForum] Acetone In Gas tank

This came up on my other list recently.  Here are some responses:

****
"Since we were just speaking about acetone added to gasoline and the effects it might have, they tried it (along with a few other "fuel saving" products) on Mythbusters last night and it ended up reducing their mileage (although not by a whole lot).  They're usually pretty good about following directions as well, so I'd assume they used the recommended amount (which I think was a couple mL per liter). Just thought I'd pass that along to for anyone interested in the outcome of the acetone in fuel experiment."

****
"Myth Busters, coincidentally, did an examination of acetone's effect, & altho I didn't see the episode, they reportedly tested a new/modern F.I. car, and an old, carbureted  70+-ish Old mobile, performing on a dynomometer.

Their test results were supposedly inconclusive, or slightly deleterious
(bad) with acetone usage. Interestingly, altho Mythbusters does repeat its episodes, I haven't been able to watch the show.

So, acetone did not, apparently, produce dramatically different  (+/-)
results during my around-town-mostly driving experience, with it.