RE: [DMCForum] the EV1...

I never claimed the article was without fault.  I know nickel is used in
more things besides hybrid batteries.  Still, the area where the nickel mine
is was supposedly damaged due to the mining.  No, I haven't been there and
haven't seen the mine personally so I can not attest to that.  The one thing
this writer states, that you have yet to provide, is specific facts that can
be verified.

This is pushing the limit of getting into politics, of which we have all
agreed not to do, but we have enough oil here in the US to get off foreign
dependency.  Gee, if we were only allowed to drill our own oil here, in the
gulf, and in ANWR.  Wow, a very fast and easy way to get off foreign oil
that could happen sooner than waiting for efficient hybrids!

I have no desire to spend $10k on top of the price of my truck to double the
gas mileage.  If I wanted a better mileage vehicle, and it suited my needs,
I would just go get one that already exists without the mark up.  Then
again, I earned the money I spend on my truck and my gasoline so if I want
to dump raw fuel out of the exhaust pipe I can.  Hang on while I remote
start my truck and let it idle for a bit.  :-)

Greg

  _____