[DMCForum] dmcnews owners directory is public

[DMCForum] dmcnews owners directory is public

Folks,

In case you missed it on the DML, your private information - phone
numbers, etc - that you gave to DMCNews for the DeLorean Owner's
Directory and expected would be password protected - has, for who
knows how long now, been freely available to anyone over the Internet.

http://www.dmcnews.com/Secure/DeLorean_Owners_Directory_June_2006.pdf

I'm making a stink about this because I expected any random Internet
search would not turn up my private cellular phone number. That was
intended only for DeLorean owners, or those who at least went to the
trouble of posing as a DeLorean owner.

Further, it seems the DML moderators are censoring the discussion
about this. The message I sent below was NOT posted to the list, nor
was I given any response or explanation as to why.

If you aren't happy with the decision to make this publicly accessible
to anyone with a web browser, I'd encourage you to speak up now.

-Ryan

On 8/1/07, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Are you kidding? My personal cellular phone number is on that list.
> I'd appreciate it being removed immediately. I intended that number to
> be available only to DeLorean owners who might need my help if they
> broke down near my area. I do not want it published for anyone on the
> Internet to see. This was supposed to be accessible only via password
> request.
>
> Bloody hell, who made this decision? This is reckless and
> irresponsible. This PDF has undoubtedly been mirrored by Google and
> sites like archive.org, which means our personal information will be
> exceptionally difficult to erase from public view.
>
> I am not pleased.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On 8/1/07, mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > No need to register.  The DoD is available without a password.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)