Re: [DMCForum] Test email

Ha ha ha have no idea, Jobs never told me LOL.

Jack Stiefel
Stiefel Aluminum

On Jul 2, 2007, at 9:19 PM, "Jon Heese" <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How does it know whether it's perpendicular to the ground?

Regards,
Jon Heese

Ross Apperson wrote:
> I don't know what to tell you. The accelorameter only
> works when the phone is perpendictular to the ground,
> like Jack said. I'm not totally sure how it works, but
> I can tell you what the results are.
>
> --- Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Jack Stiefel wrote:
>>> Ok imagine you're laying in bed and are looking at
>> a web page on
>>> portrait mode. Now you want landscape, just tilt
>> the phone
>>> perpendicular to the Earth and spin it. It will
>> transition to
>>> landscape. Now lean it back and enjoy the new
>> view. It is easier
>>> than it sounds.
>> Right. Sounds obnoxious. That was my original
>> point.
>>
>>> Spinning it on a table does nothing as the unit is
>> flat to the Earth.
>>
>> Flat to the earth, yes. But the phone doesn't
>> detect "earth", it
>> detects force, and spinning it around the z-axis
>> will generate force
>> along both the y- and the x- axis in both
>> directions, out from the center.
>>
>>> I'm at Disney with the kids and my mind hurts LOL,
>> forgive me.
>>
>> My condolences. :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jon Heese
>>
>>> Jack Stiefel Stiefel Aluminum
>>>
>>> On Jul 2, 2007, at 6:47 PM, "Jon Heese"
>> <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:

>> option when setting up
>> very soon from what
>>> Interesting. That's news to me, but good for them.

>> is it stays in
>> straight, then it
>> straight and lean it
>> stupid, but you get
>> nothing as the unit is
>> Does any of this
>>> Kind of, but either you missed the point of what I
>> was saying and I'm
>>> not getting your response..
>>>
>>> It must use a sensor that "feels" gravity in the
>> x- and y-axes of the
>>> phone. When you turn it like a PSP, it "feels"
>> gravity pulling along
>>> the short axis, and turns the orientation.
>> Likewise, when you turn
>>> it up like a phone, it "feels" gravity pulling
>> along the long axis
>>> and turns the orientation appropriately. My
>> question is: What if
>>> gravity is pulling along the z-axis, i.e. you're
>> laying the phone
>>> flat on like a table, or over your head pointed
>> down at you?
>>> It sounds like you're saying it just keeps the
>> last known
>>> orientation. If so, that's exactly why I think
>> it's a flawed feature.
>>> Good to impress co-workers, but of limited use if
>> you tend to hold
>>> your cell phone flat when looking at it (as I do).
>>>
>>> My idea of spinning it flat on a table was to get
>> the accelerometers
>>> that are designed to "feel" gravity to go wacky
> [...]

Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Calendar

Visit Your Group
Delorean part
Delorean cadillac

<*> Your email settings: