Re: [DMCForum] Selecting a good watch

> Yeah, but do you have enough hair left now to grow the requisite mullet?

I do, actually! My hair grows like crazy. I could go from bald to a
full mullet in a few months.

> But we all grow up and the outcasts shall inherit the Earth...

That they will. From time to time I run into old classmates who used
to tease me. Bumped into one of the "popular" girls a couple of years
back at a local Wal-Mart. I was somewhat embarrassed to be there in
the first place. She was an employee. Now don't anyone turn this into
me being an elitist, or otherwise having a problem with Wal-Mart
employees. She was earning a living and I congratulate her for that. I
just think it's funny how times change.

I was nice to her, by the way. She remembered me and was extremely
pleasant in return. Actually, she seemed very excited to see me, like
we were old friends, which I found really odd. I decided against
reminding her that she wouldn't have given me the time of day 20 years
ago.

> maybe the correct wording would be more people don't harass and
> torment me anymore

That's because they're all working at Wal-Mart. ;-)

I've found that people just grow up. We all try to forget the mistakes
we made in the past, so when we run across someone who probably
remembers the way we acted, we tend to treat them extra nice - I
suppose in a mostly fruitless effort to "apologize" or otherwise
"undo" what we remember doing.

At least, that's my hypothesis, based on how people who weren't very
nice to me in school have treated me as an adult. I was only ever mean
to a couple of people back then and they deserved it at the time.

-Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: