>From memory, so check this, it is recommended to use Castrol GTLMA DOT(?).
I think it's DOT4.  I found it locally at Pep Boys as Auto Zone didn't have
it.  Depending on the condition of your master cylinder, and how your bleed
the system, you may be replacing that shortly thereafter as well.

We should see about a tech session again.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Eric Itzel
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 11:14 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] brake fluid?

Hey everyone,

I have a feeling I'm about to open up a can of worms. I'm tired of my
squishy brakes, so I am going to replace my stock brake hoses with SS hoses.
Now, as far as I know and can tell, this will be this first time the brake
system will be serviced. I have inspected my brake fluid, and it has the
color of maple syrup. Now, I expect to lose quite a lot of fluid when I
change the lines- what kind of fluid should I plan on putting back it the
system?

Thanks!

Eric Itzel

<*> Your email settings: