Re: [DMCForum] brake fluid?

Don't worry, this isn't really a "can of worms" topic. :) Just about
everybody uses Castrol GTLMA DOT 4 fluid. It's safe and works great with
the Girling brake system. Before you start flushing the system, you might
want to suck the old fluid out of the reservoir. No point in flushing that
gunk through the system if you can avoid it.

Remember, flush the brakes every 2 years for a healthy system.

Chris
VIN 4099

At 11:14 PM 12/23/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>
>I have a feeling I'm about to open up a can of worms. I'm tired of my
>squishy brakes, so I am going to replace my stock brake hoses with SS
>hoses. Now, as far as I know and can tell, this will be this first time
>the brake system will be serviced. I have inspected my brake fluid, and it
>has the color of maple syrup. Now, I expect to lose quite a lot of fluid
>when I change the lines- what kind of fluid should I plan on putting back
>it the system?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Eric Itzel
>vin 4433