From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Mike Walsh
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 6:54 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Trunk latch captive nuts

I did a search and could not find anything about this.

I was getting gas one day and noticed that one of the bolts that hold the
trunk latch onto the fiberglass was hanging out. It soon became evedient
that the captive nut was no longer "captive" so there was nothing for the
bolt to screw into.

After about 2 hours of poking around and carfully trying to reach the area
where the captive nut should be from inside I finally gave up.

I am guessing there is no easy way to fix this, would anyone know the best
way get at this area? I stopped short of pulling the glove compartment but
that would be my next step.

Mike