Re: [DMCForum] Re: Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

I think the problems lies in who decides when a topic needs to be ended.
  This is obviously a subjective decision and thus opens the door to
problems that plague many moderated discussion lists/forums.  There are
really only two right answers to this question as far as I can see it.
Either "no one", or "everyone".  I could consider "a majority of
everyone" as an almost right answer.  The last two require some way for
all members to vote on an individual basis for the removal of each
individual post, which is just silly and really negates the need for
moderation (if every member is expected to read the offending post and
vote, what good does removing that post do?).  "No one" is really the
best answer because it requires no set up, no maintenance, allows for no
corruption or abuse of power, and is directly in line with the initial
reasons behind the forum's creation.

I don't remember ever seeing a poll for "Should DMCForum be moderated?
Yes or No".  Did I miss this, or are you referring to the vague
"Religion"/"Politics" polls?

Regards,
Jon Heese

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM