From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Christopher Mack
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 2:45 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] rear wall speakers

Scott,

I Installed Speakers that barely fit into VIN 4606 rear firewall, but I
don't recall the dimenstions offhand of how deep the speakers were. My
advaice to you. Re-mount the rear panel that you drilled holes into and use
a ruler to measure how deep on the hole a speaker can go.

-Chris
DMC6453

Scott <bk2d80s@yahoo. <mailto:bk2d80s%40yahoo.com> com> wrote: So I am in
the middle of replacing the rear speakers by mounting some
6" in the rear wall. I know many of you have already done this. Can
anyone tell me what the maximum depth is on a speaker I will be able
to get away with? I already destroyed my spare backwall by trying to
mount in some 6x9s and they were too deep. They were like 3.5" deep.
The new 6" speakers I bought are like 2-3/8 or so. . I can always get
some infinitys that are only 2-1/16 deep but???
So before I destroy another backwall, does anyone have any suggestions
to make this go smoothly?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM