Re: [DMCForum] Re: Inappropriate Car Show Behavior?

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Inappropriate Car Show Behavior?

Gary & anyone else who's still reading this tripe,

On 6/20/06, Gary Weaver II <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I'm glad Robert freely admits to defacing another attendee's
>  vehicle at the show. Nice to have that out of the way.

Not to side with Bob - I'm not a fan of the guy - but I don't see how
you can sit here with a straight face and call the application of
Post-It notes "defacing". Seriously - you're blowing it way out of
proportion.

The term "deface" is generally reserved for real damage. The
dictionary says, "To mar or spoil the appearance or surface of;
disfigure." The word "mar" means to inflict damage and the word
"disfigure" also means to "mar", or to "deform", "spoil the shape of."

Sticking a Post-It note on a car didn't "deface" it. It may be
annoying, obnoxious, and inappropriate, but then, that fits right in
with the stickers, now, doesn't it?

I'll tell you what I see here: Adults acting like school children.
Monty puts some juvenile stickers on his car and calls Bob a few
names. Bob puts some Post-It notes over the stickers. Then you people
whine that the former was lawsuit-worthy slander and the latter,
defacement. This would be completely fucking hilarious if you two
weren't so riled up about it. I mean, get over yourselves! This is
kiddie shit on the level of innocent practical jokes. If you guys were
buddies, you'd go out, have a beer and laugh about it.

In fact, that's what you ought to do. Go out, have a beer and laugh
about it. Since Bob apparently sucks cock, maybe he can bend over and
give Monty a killer blow job while Monty defaces Bob's naked ass with
an entire stack of jumbo sized Post-It's. I'll buy the beer, Bob's
wife can film the festivities, and we'll all have a good time.

Laugh, people.

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM