[DMCForum] DCS Early Update

Juley and I met up with Tiffany Olejnik this morning, and then with
Kevin & Cheryl Abato and Dave Delman.  We had a relatively uneventful
trip out to Chicago.  Relatively uneventful means:

-          Dave Delman shredded an alternator belt outside of Toledo,
which we rapid-roadside-replaced in about 15 minutes.  It was in the
middle of a bad traffic jam, though, so it was kinda like pitting under
yellow.  No real time lost.

-          I got pulled over by an Indiana Trooper for supposedly doing
87 in a 70 MPH zone.  He gave us a warning, and then asked about 10
different questions about the cars... which I'm guessing was his primary
motivation in pulling us over in the first place, especially since we
never went above 75 on the whole trip.  75 is the fastest I've ever
driven the Vixen.  Oh well.  We have an official souvenir traffic
warning for the scrapbook.

Oh - we also ran into another D owner on the road - Tony Swan,  He now
holds the "most packed D" record with me for traveling from NY to
Chicago straight through, with a friend AND 4 medium sized Cavalier
Terrier dogs in the car.

Many thanks go out to the Brandys' for opening their home to all of us
this evening for a great dinner, a great tour of all of their different
cars, and a great "Who wants to be a DeLorean Millionaire?" game.  It
was a great way to start the weekend and Juley and I sincerely
appreciate and thank you for all of your efforts and hospitality!

Arriving at P.R., we found Jeffrey Weisman and wife down at the bar, and
Marc Levy and his girlfriend Carrie "no relation" Deutsch were there as
well.  There are lots of other folks we spoke with today as well, but
I'm getting too tired to give a complete roster.

Hope to see some old friends and meet some new ones as well.

-Dave & Juley

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM