[DMCForum] Running the car without the body...

[DMCForum] Running the car without the body...

I thought of this idea while I was putting my car back together.  I
just had the frame sandblasted and powdercoated, and so now while I'm
putting it together, noticing how wonderfully accessible everything
is, I thought I might try to wire it up and run it without the body.
This would mean if I ran into any problems, such as a leaky fuel line,
oil leak, etc, it would be easy to fix at this stage.

I should mention I'm using the 3.0L PRV w/ megasquirt.

The only concerns I have are being able to see the tach, temperature
gauge, and oil pressure, so I was thinking of picking up a another
used instrument cluster for this purpose.  The other thing is that I
won't have the otterstat wiring, so I'd have to wire the fans to run
full-time while I'm doing this, and also wire a temporary starter
button.

Can anyone else think of any reason I wouldn't be able to do this
(easily?)?  The main idea here is to be able to find any/all problems
before putting the body back on it.

thanks,

Matt

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM