[DMCForum] Twin Turbo Progress

Hi All

This afternoon, #2727 moved under its own steam for the first time in
months. Only to be reversed out of the shop but considering it drove in
with a completely different engine and an automatic transmission, it was
a proud moment notching it into gear and lifting the clutch. It only has
to do an 800 mile round trip to Belfast within the week....The engine is
smooth with a capital smoo, I'm really starting to like this EFI
business... :-D

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2233.JPG
http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2234.JPG
http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2235.JPG
http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2236.JPG
http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2237.JPG

Yes, the intercoolers are slightly on the bonk, but this is what happens
when you rush things at the last minute because your radiator guy is
going on holiday.
Yes it did have an oil leak, that was sorted before the photos were taken
Yes, the air filters have now been oiled
No, there are no original Walker mufflers, but the Aston Martin exhaust
tips have wadding in them and really do make a difference
Yes the rear impact absorber has seen better days.
Yes the wiring has now been tidied up
The hoses are blue because we needed them in a hurry and that was the
only colour on the shelf
The intake pipwork has been re-worked and moved about to fit inside the
rear closing plate. It's very tight.

Off to a rolling road tomorrow for full mapping (I just got it idling
and warming up) and then Ireland on Wedneaday - see you at Eurofest!!!

Martin
DMCL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM