From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jon Heese
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:04 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Way OT: "Someone To Watch Over Me" from what commercial?

Okay, this is *way* off-topic, but I'm at my wits end on this and I
figured I'd throw it to the masses in this Roman coliseum and see what
comes back...

I remember, probably back to the early to mid eighties, a long-running
ad campaign that used the hook from the Gershwin tune "Someone To Watch
Over Me" at the end of their commercials (Incidentally, this was my
first exposure to the song as a child; I didn't realize at the time that
it was a popular song).  In my recollection. the voice might have been
Phoebe Snow (or similar).

An extensive Google goose chase came up mostly empty (apparently H&R
Block started using it recently, but that's definitely not what I
remember).  I'm leaning towards insurance companies and appliance
manufacturers, but nothing has clicked yet.

Does anyone remember what ad campaign I'm remembering?

Regards,
Jon Heese