Re: [DMCForum] Re: IRS help

Bob,

I will agree that our system has many flaws, and that
wealthy people seem to be "above the law" in many
circumstances.

However, in a society where you are innocent until
proven guilty (in theory) the government must go
through an expensive process to prove someone is
guilty of even the smallest crime.

The Russian example you give sounds like a great idea,
until you consider how that power can be abused.
Someone "in power" can simply say "Bob cheated on his
taxes, so we are going to take 50% of his income for
the next 10 years to pay the debt", when in reality
you did nothing wrong.

Sad thing is, the real crime is that anytime anyone
(Government, or private citizen) needs to get
themselves involved with the "legal system" it is an
expensive process for all.  You talk about the people
who operate the prisons getting rich, what about the
lawyers?!   :)