Re: [DMCForum] Re: IRS help

Marc, Greg,

Your responses were very interesting.  I guess, my perspective comes
from a much more broad based familiarity with legal system from around
the world, since I have dealth with the regulatory  system
internationally since 1975.

For example, in the Russian legal system, if someone does not pay taxes
or steals something, the loss to society is deducted from their
paycheck.  THEY ARE NOT SENT TO JAIL  which costs society even more
money.  (Of course  in the US, this money goes into the pockets of rich
people who run the prisons for the states).

If France, and most other EU countries, they deal with small crimes,
(e.g. drugs, illegal prostitute, illegal gambling, etc.) tax issues and
small dollar crime issues in similar ways, where the fines cover the
loss in tax review or money to the retail establishment. THEY DO NOT
SEND TO JAIL.

Remember debtors prison?  Most of the world had made them illegal for
hundreds of years.  Not the US.

The US has twice as many people in jail, per capita THEN ANY OTHER
COUNTRY.  US citizens are not bad, we just have a legal and penal
system that is screwed up so rich people can make more money.

Don't get me started on the FBI and other police experts who faking
evidence against innocent people.  You can read all the literature
about that.  1/3 of all people on death row in Illinois were INNOCENT,
proven by DNA evidence.  What kind of legal system is that?

Bob