Re: [DMCForum] My Official Resignation as DMA Officer

Re: [DMCForum] My Official Resignation as DMA Officer

I think it comes down to the type of people we are... I got sucked into
this community in a big way thanks to the people I met and the friends I
made - both "real" and on-line. For me it's far more than "just enjoying
the car" - If I wanted to "just enjoy (the) car", I'd sell my DeLorean
and buy a Venturi Atlantique 300 - a proper bona-fide sportscar that
goes like the clappers, has an engine I know pretty much inside out now,
handles fantastically well, looks gorgeous and absolutely nobody has any
clue what the hell it is. It doesn't stick out like a sore thumb on the
road, unlike the DeLorean (something that I personally don't like
because I'm -not- that extrovert! Or at least no tthat kind of
extrovert!!).

No, I'm still here because of the sense of community, and because I now
make my living from the buggers. This rubs people up the wrong way on
this side of the pond and it's usually because I'm making money selling
something and I won't tell you where I get it from, or help you do the
job yourself (whcih isn't actually the case - advice will always be
free!). One day I may well get tired of the car, but it'll be a lot
harder to get tired of the people, even the ones who do enjoy a spat now
and again!

Martin