[DMCForum] Re: My Official Resignation as DMA Officer

[DMCForum] Re: My Official Resignation as DMA Officer

Greg - In any population of people, the Pareto Principle is alive and
well, and will never change.  20% of the people do 80% of the work, and
20% of the people do 80% of the bitching and complaining.  The problem
is that the "silent majority" of people who simply want to enjoy their
lives and hobbies are just that ... silent.  The only thing that we
hear is the 20% who complain about anything and everything, and who
elect to attack people in the "silent majority" because they know that
there will be no real defense.  At any car show, you will have 10
people wander up and ask some lame questions about the car (we've heard
them all), and 1 or 2 people who will walk up and basically attack the
car, "the man", and anybody who is "stupid enough to own one of these
things".  I used to get upset about that type of behavior, but have
resigned myself to a tolerance of inherently negative people,
understanding that they will be negative about everything.  The same
holds true for people on this side of DeLorean ownership.  We have our
same percentage of knuckleheads inside the community as outside.  I
just smile at some people (mostly guys for some reason), while thinking
to myself "some poor woman wound up being married to this idiot".

"All great ideas are first met with violent opposition from mediocre
minds ~ Albert Einstein"

"A positive attitude - it may not solve all of your problems, but it
will annoy enough people to make it seem worth the effort"

Toby Peterson

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@...> wrote:
> With all of the negativity that surrounds the original car company I
wonder why and how it seems to still exist today among some owners.