Re: [DMCForum] Re: More Power (grunt, grunt grunt)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: More Power (grunt, grunt grunt)

It depends how you define a "distributor". The EFI PRVs all (bar one)
use a rotor arm on the end of one cam and a cap bolted up to it. It's
the simplest way to limit the information required by the ECU. You then
run a single coil rather than three (or six) - less to go wrong, and you
only need to worry about changing the cap and rotor now and then. Yes,
our DeLorean dizzys do a bit more than that and we're using the impulse
coil but none of the rest of it apart form the cap and rotor. With the
upgrade, it's all a damn site easier to access too :-)

Martin