[DMCForum] Re: removing side skirts pain?

[DMCForum] Re: removing side skirts pain?

thanks guys... For the tips.... I ended up drilling inside the head
of the screw. It weakened the screw enough for the head to come off.
it didnt damage the skirts at all. I then removed the skirt and
drill a little bit more into where the old screw was. Then i put in
a Stainless sheet metal screw. Works like a charm.. thanks

Jon

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@...> wrote:

> Most of mine were rusted but would turn a little, and some snapped
off.  The
> OEM plastic rocker panels are very easy to rip as I found out.
>
> You could cut the heads off with a Dremel and then saturate what's
left in
> PB Blaster, let it soak, and see if they will come out.
>
> A local owner went through this so I will ask and see if he has
anything
> else to offer.
>
> Greg

On Behalf