[DMCForum] Re: Relays & current draw

Ryan,

You may get many different answers for this but it all depends on the
condition and state of charge of you battery.

160mA should last for days if not a few months on a new fully charged
battery but it's probably still not a good thing to do.  The Door Lock  Module
upgrade is done to lower the 12 mA draw so I don't think you want that  160mA going
all the time.

One thing you can do is use a "more efficient" relay.

Another would be to design a simple electronic version using a  transistor.

How much current do you need to handle?

D² &  6530

"Just Say  NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"®

To see how go to _www.tvpedaler.com_ (http://www.tvpedaler.com/)