Re: [DMCForum] Relays & current draw

Mike,

Actually, I have a battery cut-off switch mainly to make it easier to
work on the car's electric system, but it's not really an option for
regular use. Besides the clock, I have all of the presets & config on
my audio equipment, my alarm system, etc.

Basically, right now I can leave my car sit for quite a long time
without worrying about drawing the battery low. My stereo, the clock,
the door lock module and my alarm system all trickle a tiny amount of
power, not enough to cause a problem even over a period of months. I
won't add any feature that will change this significantly as I don't
want the car to have unacceptable standby power requirements (in my
mind, anything that would draw the battery down too low to reliably
start the car within a few months or so is unacceptable).

In fact, I rebuilt my door lock module to have dramatically lower
standby current in part because of this. In stock form, these things
draw a lot more power than they should.

-Ryan