Re: [DMCForum] Digest Number 1962

I replaced the O2 sensor this morning and verified the wire is
connected & not broken - I don't know where the wire goes, actually,
but I have continunity on the ground pin of the ECU so it has to be
connected somewhere.

Unfortunately, the system still isn't taking control of the idle when
the car warms up.

-Ryan

On 2/5/06, DOCTORDHD@xxxxxxx <DOCTORDHD@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> 1) How old is your O2 sensor?  Make sure it is connected.  There is a
> connector inside  the driver's side wheel well.  If not sure you can test it
> per the manual or just replace it.
>
> 2) Once you get the system working properly you'll likely be able to adjust
> it properly with the dwell meter.
>
> DÂ & 6530
> Message: 3
>    Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:12:30 -0800
>    From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: My first tune up
>
> I've pulled the transmission twice but have yet to perform a tune-up
> beyond replacing the plugs, etc. That's lame, so now I'm attempting to
> perform my first real tune up on my DeLorean.
>
> I just need some help. :-)
>
> The diagnostic socket now works (thanks to Dave Delman; connection
> underneath was unplugged & damaged as you suggested). Dwell meter
> shows a steady position when cold, as it should. Unfortunately, once
> the car warms up, the dwell meter still shows a steady position. I
> tried running a ground from the ECU to the engine block as suggested
> here (http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7u0gn/id6.html), but it
> didn't
> help. I'm fairly certain I can hear the frequency valve buzzing.
>
> Now what do I do?
>
> Second piece of information to this puzzle: I started this quest
> because of a lean condition causing a "glug glug" noise on
> deceleration. Working blind since my dwell meter wasn't swinging back
> and forth, I dialed the mixture up 1/4 of a turn anyway. This fixed
> (!) the glug glug noise, but unfortunately caused the engine to begin
> surging up and down fairly significantly at idle - so I put the
> mixture back where it was.
>
> From here, I have no idea where to go. Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> -Ryan