Re: [DMCForum] Copyright (was: Sirius radio)

On 1/11/06, Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> When you BitTorrent a TV show, you're not watching commercials, which is
> how the producers of the show get paid.

When I watch a TV show live, I'm not watching commercials. I'm into
the kitchen getting a snack, or taking a bathroom break, or channel
surfing.

When I Tivo a TV show, I'm not watching commercials. They get skipped,
instantly.

When I was 10 and we had this new-fangled contraption called a VCR, we
didn't watch commercials. We used the fast forward button.

So, sorry to say, but downloading it off the Internet is no different.

-Ryan