[DMCForum] Re: Kerosene

Don't they just sell Kerosene at local gas stations around you? Buy a
gas can labeled for kerosene, and just use that for the heater.

I didn't even know Home Depot dabbled in selling Kerosene. And as with
ANY oil based product expect to bend over and take it on price for now
& forever. But it beats freezing in the garage.

I usually seem to run low or almost out on my Kerosene forced air tube
heater, so I just don't fill it up again when it runs out in the
spring. Next winter I just refill it, and am good to go. No problems
with burning the small residual amount left.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:

> So I settled on a portable Kerosene convection heater for my garage,
> which will get me by until I buy some property and build a nice shop
> in the next few years. I had some questions, though, and am hoping
> someone here might know enough to answer them.
>
> 1. How long does Kerosene stay usable? I read information saying it
> would keep for years, but I had a little leftover in my forced air
> heater from last year and it did NOT burn well. Stunk up the place
> real bad. I put new Kerosene in and that solved it. Was this a problem
> with the way I stored it (small quantity, a gallon or two in the
> bottom of the tank), or just a general problem with storing Kerosene?
>
> 2. Where might I look to buy Kerosene for a reasonable price? I only
> use ~10 gallons a season since I only heat the garage when I'm using
> it for more than a few minutes. My problem is the only place I know to
> buy the stuff is in 5 gallon jugs at Home Depot and/or Lowes. It's $6
> a gallon! Seems ridiculously expensive to me.
>
> -Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS