From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Nathan C. Skalsky
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:03 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Copyright

He doesn't have a business need for those pieces of IP, therefore a
challenge would be rejected, and even if it was allowed in court, he'd
have to pay quite a bit to see it through.

You shouldn't have to fix something just to make a point or to ask a
question.

I think it is a valid point, however it is somewhat incidental and remote
as there is no one with a business need that is interested in challenging
it.

Perhaps DMCH will disclose a document that backs their claim that they
purchased the right.  I'm somewhat DMC copyrights were not (legally)
compelled into abandonment in the aftermath of the DMC's receivership and
subsequent legal actions.  The logic is that there are two things Delorean
would have needed to literally restart (without starting over) the
Delorean Motor Company with the DMC-12 (or a slightly different version),
the body dies, tooling and the intellectual property associated with it.
If the British government was able to destroy the body dies, why would
they not try to remove as many intellectual property rights as they could?

-Nate
11501