Re: [DMCForum] Re: I hate knitted oven mitts...

Re: [DMCForum] Re: I hate knitted oven mitts...

Someone knitted a few "hot pads" for us once. They had big honking
gaps in them, but that was OK, because they were only meant to protect
a countertop from a hot pot.

Then a friend came over, cooked some hot wings and tried to use one of
these "potholders" to retrieve the 450 degree pan.

Not sure what he was thinking, exactly.

--
- Ryan

On 12/28/05, Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is really a pain in the ass when the knitted oven mitts are not of
> the highest quality (large gaps between knittings) and when you try to
> use them, you burn yourself, drop the food you were trying to remove
> from the oven (hence the need for oven mitts) and curse and swear the
> cheap oven mitts.
>
> I feel your pain, if only more people would speak out about the
> horrors behind oven mitts.
>

> -Joe

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS