[DMCForum] Happy Christmahkuhwanza

It is so sad that people are now easily hurt and angered by the most
innocuous of sayings.

As a former Catholic, now Atheist, who loves Christmas, Santa,
presents, trees, Christmas music, snow, elves, carolling, wreaths,
twinkle lights, and all that other stuff, please feel free to wish me
a Merry Christmas every year.  Mine this year was great...except for a
bunch of gifts I now have to return.

I happen to like holidays, festivals, and traditions in general, so I
also dabble in spinning dreidls, fast once a week in a Hindu custom,
reflect on my sins on Yom Kippur, abstain from drinking like Muslims,
and even know how to perform a Japanese tea ceremony.  If you wish me
a "Happy Hanukkah" or even "Joyous Ramadan", I will not be offended.
I will smile and say "Thank you...you too!"  I will not assume you
know my preferences, since they are rather unusual, but I will be
happy you thought of me and my well-being during the holiday
season.

And, even though I don't believe in God, I have no problem celebrating
Jesus Christ's birthday, much in the same way I have no problem taking
a day off for Martin Luther King's birthday.  As long as I believe in
what someone stands for, I feel free to avoid work in their honor.
However, as much as I like to stay home, sit in bed and watch The
Price is Right, I still would boycott a "Saddam Hussein Day"
or "Hitler Festival".

You know what I hate?  When some stranger looks at me on the street
and says "Smile!".  This pisses me off.  It happens at least once a
day, all year round.  Not just during holidays.  I feel they are
encroaching on my right to be unhappy or even happy but not smiling.
But, do I bite their head off like a lunatic?  No.  I just accept the
comment for what it was--harmless, meant in a positive way, and really
not about me or my beliefs or feelings at all.  We can all be better
served by examining someone's intentions when they speak to us, rather
than the words they use.  This particularly applies to Internet
message boards.  You are dealing with a whole bunch of different types
of people, with different ways of communicating, with different
opinions, who are united by the thinnest of threads...in this case,
love for a particularly cool car :)

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS