[DMCForum] Northstar swap?

Anyone have details on a Northstar swap?

I've been contemplating something radical for awhile now. I've got
some engine & transmission issues. Tranny probably just needs a new
2nd gear roll pin, engine probably just needs a few hundred bucks
worth of work by someone who knows something about it, but then we
have the butchered exhaust, etc. I'm also afraid there will be more
parts & labor involved than I want to spend on this drivetrain due to
half-assed repairs by the previous owner's mechanic.

I don't like doing anything half-assed and so, instead of patching
things up, I'd like to completely replace it all. I'm considering just
handing the thing to DMCH for a Stage 2 engine & complete repairs, but
for that kind of money I can't help but wonder what I could do on my
own.

So what's involved with a Northstar swap? I've got many questions.

1. Does the engine fit without hacking the car up?
2. What's the preferred transmission to handle this power, and does it
fit without hacking the car up?
3. Any weight issues?
4. I see major expenses as: Engine & all accessories, transmission,
custom bellhousing, custom exhaust. Maybe a custom computer. Am I
missing anything?
5. Assuming it all physically fits, I'm guessing I'll need custom
mounts as well. Therein lies the part I don't understand: How do I
physically bolt it into the car?

Putting the engine & tranny together, electrical work, computer work,
hoses, cooling, exhaust, etc, I can figure out. What I need advice
with is:

1. The physical mounting and fit;
2. Weight issues;
3. Clutch & shifting linkage issues (what sort of clutch disc, etc, do I need?),
4. Other things I may have overlooked (suspension? axles?)

--
- Ryan