Re: [DMCForum] Re: Controversy

On 12/19/05, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The cop still "won".  You had to pay a lawyer.

I know. It cost me more (money wise) than the ticket would have, too.
That's OK; I'm the type of person who will gladly spend more money
doing the right thing than allow wrong to happen. For instance, if
someone was threatening to sue me for $5,000 and I'd done nothing
wrong, I'd spend $20k on a lawyer before I'd let that greedy bastard
get away with legally extorting me. Yeah, it'd be cheaper to pay him
off, but that's not right and I wouldn't stand for it.

I'm just happy the government didn't get my money; their agent (the
cop) was out of line and if I have to spend $300 to keep the
government from extorting $70, I will.

--
- Ryan