[DMCForum] Re: Cop stories

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:

> Police are debated so heavily because they have the ability to revoke
> your civil liberties. Anyone with the power to put you in a cell is
> going to attract heavy debate.

Well many of those in certain professions have certain powers or
responsibilities.  And they are also held to a very high level of
accountability.  I would disagree that civil liberties are revoked
however when acting in the course of their duties and following those
strict guidelines.  Of course any person in any profession that is
human may not act as they are supposed to.  For example, I see alot of
teachers in the news lately for inapproprite behavior with students.
I would of course say that is a very small minority and most teachers
are honorable and serve a noble profession which carries alot of
repsonsibility.

> We know you do good work, and we appreciate it. Maybe that doesn't
get
> said enough.
>  - Ryan

Thousands in law enforcement do good work every day.  I was certainly
not looking for a pat on the back, actually I was just trying to voice
something similar to the statement you made above, that it doesnt get
said enough, in realtion to how often the negative points do in the
media and other forums.

Ok back to Delorean topics  LOL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM