Re: [DMCForum] Re: Speakers

When I installed mine, I used some foam tape around
the front of the speaker to get a good seal to the
interior panel...  While the panel itself is not
air-tight to the body of the car, the extra resistance
DOES help with sound quality.

The goal is to isolate (or control, with a "tuned
port") the air between the front and back of the
speaker.

--- Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Exactly why the rears sound rubbish whatever goes in
> there!
<SNIP>