[DMCForum] Fuel Prices...H2...hybrids...

[DMCForum] Fuel Prices...H2...hybrids...

I was listening to a talk show today and, ironically, they were discussing
what we have been for the last few days.  This really blew my mind, and I
had to share.

The discussion was essentially hybrids versus guzzling SUV's.  Still, I
noted, it was SUV's and not large trucks being targeted.  Anyway, one person
argued that people owning the hybrids fit into the exact classification of
people owning, supposedly, guzzling SUV's.  On a personal note, not all
SUV's are gas guzzlers but some don't take the time to verify this.

The counter was that quite often hybrids command a higher price due to a
waiting list and at times people are paying $10k over sticker.  This is
justified by the reduced trips to the pump and or savings from buying
gasoline.  Actually, the gasoline prices are the same for everyone but add
to that the hybrid buyer paid the extra $10k and will have maintenance
specific expenses as well so it will be about ten years before they even
start seeing a savings.

The kicker here is the hybrids owners generally snub the guzzling SUV owners
about paying too much for their vehicle and having that "I am better than
you" attitude when they are doing the exact same thing.  The only thing a
hybrid vehicle does is make those buying it feel better about their
traveling about.  In the end, there is no difference but they are saving
more gasoline for the guzzlers.

Yes, I do realize not everyone from both sides fits this mold.  I wish I had
it recorded so others could hear this.

Greg

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte