Re: [DMCForum] Too much Hummer bashing?

On 12/1/05, Erik Geerdink <dmcerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   My delorean doesn't polute the atmospher and guzzle as much gas as
> your  Hummer.

Actually, if you compared emissions, I bet his Hummer puts out less
toxic crap into the atmosphere than your DeLorean. Emissions control
equipment has advanced considerably since 1981.

Erik, are you anti-SUV, or just anti-Hummer? I ask because I hear the
"gas guzzler" argument a lot, and I find it hilarious because my SUV
gets the same gas mileage as my DeLorean. ~18-20mpg.

Most pickups on the road get the same gas mileage as a Hummer. Are you
anti-truck?

> I really hope you aren't one of the many people out there  who complains
> about gas prices...yet won't give up your status symbles.

You may have missed the "status symbol" point. Your DeLorean is a
status symbol. To argue otherwise is delusional. If you wanted a small
two seat used sports car there are dozens of models to choose from for
as little as a few hundred dollars. You could be driving a $2,000
Fiero instead.

I just find it silly that someone can criticize an H2 owner for
driving a "status symbol" while cruising around in a relatively rare,
exotic car that attracts attention wherever it goes. You've got a
status symbol too. :)

--
- Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10