Re: [DMCForum] Re: What NOT to do to a Delorean

Re: [DMCForum] Re: What NOT to do to a Delorean

Yeah, what gives? There's a $12k buy it now price. Where'd the $20k come from?

I don't like the rims, personally, but it looks like it comes with the
originals. Doesn't say so in the auction but he's got a picture of
one. You'd have to remove the stupid illegal headlight blackouts and
that (also probably illegal) "DeLorean" text on the bottom (?!?!?
WTF?) of the windshield, but that's, what, a 10 minute job?

Assuming the rest of his claims are correct - new engine (hopefully
installed properly) that just needs a battery and starter - it looks
like a decent car for $12k. I personally wouldn't bid without hearing
it run and going over that engine installation with a fine toothed
comb, but other than that the car seems OK and is priced right for
it's condition based on the info presented there.

Quite frankly, I don't know why the guy doesn't invest a couple
hundred bucks for a battery & starter, he'd get his $12k easy if he
could honestly say "The new engine fires right up and purrs."

--
- Ryan