[DMCForum] Re: FW: Hummer H2 vs. Tahoe

I agree.  Having one of these vehicles gives you piece of mind.  The
fact that these cars are on the road doesn't equate to them being more
dangerous.  I can bet that I can stop my Hummer on a slick road faster
then I can stop my De Lorean thanks to ABS and stabilitrack.  If I do
wreck, I'm walking away.  As for the person that is unlucky enough to
get in an accident against a Hummer, why should I concern myself with
what they are driving?  Should I drive a smaller car so that drunk
driver or that kid driving a heavily modified Japanese import can walk
away when he slams into me or my wife with the kids.  I make no
apologies for my Hummer.  The owners of the Hummers that are members
of HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared For Emergencies) that responded to the
hurricanes are probably glad they have them also, as are the people's
whose lives they saved.  I doubt many Prius's were down there lending
a hand (that would make them POPE).

Does my wife have any extra training in her H2.  Yes, she has received
some training at the local HUmmer dealer on their demonstartion track
as well as some wisdom I have imparted on her.

H2's are also seeing heavy use in Iraq by companies such as
Blackwater.  You can throw a shitload of armor on them without
substantial modifications.  How many countries has your car liberated?

Noone is going to go changing their opinion on these cars.  Bottom
line, I think I've proven they aren't rebadged Tahoes in my previous
post.  They are safer for their occupants should they be in an
accident and I do not feel they are more prone to getting in
accidents.  NO special training is necessary in these things with the
advancements of ABS and Stabilitrack.  They truly handle on highways
like a car.  I called my insurance company earlier today on this point
and they have an EXTREMELY low accident claim rate. (Theft is a
different matter)  That kinda shoots the whole "they are more
dangerous to others on the road" argument down.

I'm just gettin started,
Nate

My wife likes the visibility she has with this truck.  She can see
over most other cars.  If the hummer blocks your view because you are
in a smaller car, then don't friggin tailgate!

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS