Re: [DMCForum] MG Horns (was: Cross Reference sheet)

Re: [DMCForum] MG Horns (was: Cross Reference sheet)

Don't think that's right either as it says "2 connections" and I've just
lifted this off another site

Early Cars  1962 - 1975 approx.
The  horn circuit is comprised on a pair of horns permanently connected
to power via a fused circuit. The horns are operated by a driver control
that grounds the horns, thus completing the circuit. This type of horn
can be identified by its having two electrical contacts

Late Cars 1975 approx. to 1980
The  horn circuit is comprised on a pair of horns each permanently
connected to ground via its casing and chassis fixing bolts. The horns
are operated by a driver control that powers the horns , thus completing
the circuit. This type of horn can be identified by its having only one
electrical contact.

So the second one sounds promising, but why bother when $30 is hardly
going to break the bank:-) Everyone thinks DeLorean horns are crap -
they're not! It's just that hardly any of them work properly any more!
I've fitted several new pairs from Houston, including to my own car. No
complaints so far :-)

Martin

James Espey wrote:

>BTW, the following MGB horn (#41) looks close in the illustration to
>the OEM DMC horn -
>
>http://tinyurl.com/dk44w
>
>It's $25.95...the DMC horn is $14.97.
>
>http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=141&QTY=1