Re: [DMCForum] Re: 10989 update

Thanks for the info Joe.  We tried 8mm (seemed to
big), then 7mm (seemed to small), 1/4 inch (too
small), and 5/16 which seemed to work although it was
loose.  I use the word "seemed" because we could not
get to the bleed from the top of the engine and from
underneath, it was all done by feel.

With Josh pushing on the pedal and me under the tranny
cracking the screw, we were able to get only a minimal
amount of fluid out (enough to wet my hands) but not
enough to effect a good bleed.  But, we were able to
get the clutch to work because I could see the fork
moving when Josh pushed the pedal.

I'm worried that we didn't really bleed the system,
just compressed all the air that was (maybe still is)
in the system.  That area above the tranny is so tight
that I couldn't even get a mechanics mirror in there
to see anything.  When you went in from the top, did
you have to remove many parts to get down to the bleed
screw and how on earth were you able to reach it??
I'm fairly tall and I can't see any way to reach in
there, unless I lay on top of the engine.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Dmc fz10 Dmc fz1s Dmc lc1