Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
DMC Vin 03461 1981 Grey 5 speed
DMC Vin 16879 1983 Black 5 speed
Listen to the best music of all time at www.fmtimemachine.com
Come hang out in The DMC Lounge --
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DMCLounge/

-----Original Message-----
From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Joe OBrien
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:19 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: update on 16879

Just adjusting the mixture won't hurt the car. Give it a shot,
because I'd bet DMCF will probably change out the distributor anyway.

What all are you having DMCF do to the car?

-Joe O'Brien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel@xxxx>
wrote:

> I am going to leave it alone now that I reached my "dream" of
seeing her
> start up.  I am well beyond my point of damage (I tend to break
more than I
> fix on my cars), so I now leave her sit until DMCF is ready to
accept her.

> Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
> DMC Vin 03461 1981 Grey 5 speed
> DMC Vin 16879 1983 Black 5 speed
> Listen to the best music of all time at www.fmtimemachine.com
> Come hang out in The DMC Lounge --
> http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DMCLounge/

On Behalf
> Of Martin Gutkowski
> Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:49 AM
> To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [DMCForum] update on 16879
>
> You need to get to the mixture adjustment screw and richen her up.
Not
> all metering heads are equal and that's what it's there for. Your
> diagnosis of not enough fuel sounds bang on to me
>
> Don't leave it running on the cold start for long - goot test but
bad
> for the engine.
>
> Martin
>
> Jack Stiefel wrote:
>
> > Well it has been an interesting few days with 16879. I had to
pick up a
> > load of scrap wheels at a junkyard in Osprey, Fl and while I was
there, I
> > asked the head guy if he had any Volvos out there from the early
to late
> > 80s. He told me he had lots and to go and take a look.
> >

> > I was looking for a fuel distributor as I think mine was gummed
up as I
> > posted earlier. Well after walking about a ½ mile to the bitter
back
> > of his
> > yard low and behold there was a Volvo with our engine in it. Boy
was it
> > weird seeing on for the first time backwards in anther car.
Anyway I
> > removed the distributor and paid my $16.00 for it and left. When
I got
> > home
> > I took some Emory cloth to the plunger and cleaned it up. It
slid in and
> > out perfectly, so I installed it in 16879. It made things
better, but did
> > not start fully. It now seemed to want to fire up, but just
couldnt get
> > enough fuel  just chugged and sputtered out.
> >

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Dmc fz10 Dmc fz1s Dmc lc1

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS