From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Josh Porter
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 11:53 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] 10989 is alive

This mostly for Lauren and those who care. Mike and I got my car to
run on it's own power today. Just the best day of the year! I was in
a state of extesy and trying to come up with some good comebacks so
right now I can't remember the exact stuff that we did and I know
that Mike will check this so he will be able to tell you more about
it.

The gas we got out of the tank looked like really strong coffee. We
tried to get my cousin to drink some saying that it was Dr. Pepper
but he was too smart to fall for it. We cleaned the tank and
installed a new pump. DMCH sold me the worng fitting washer thing
for the fuel pump and that is most likly the way that most of the
water got into the tank. We replaced those with some correct ones
and it looks much better. We flushed the whole system and man, it
was nasty. We replaced the fuel filter, which was interesting
because I'm used to it being right there and easy to get to and
replace.

We aired up the tires because one of them only had 10psi in it and i
can't remember what the other three had but they were close to it.

After we got all the work done we hooked up the battery and started
the baby. It took a while but we got it to run on at least four
cylinders. When we started I think it was running on someting like
one or two. After it got warmed up a little it ran and idled
smoothly. No smoke either, we were both shoked.

It still needs a lot of work but at least the dangerous part is over
and I believe that I can take it from here. It still needs the
clutch to be looked at because I have no idea about clutches because
I've never delt with them. When I press down on the pedal it is
soft, I put some fluid in it and it helped some but still is too
soft. Mike said something about the pressure plate so next time we
are going to work on that.

At least now I can say that it runs and I can go out and press the
gas and honk the horn. you gotta make sure the horn works, what's
the point in having a car that runs but no horn? ;)

I told Mike that I would have to hug him and he laughed, then I told
him that I love him and he said that was close enough. I had to
resort to the dog.

I can see the blue lights now :)

Josh
10989