From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ryan Wright
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 5:45 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: New Orelands D

On 10/17/05, Josh Porter <joshp1986@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Whoa! I didn't know you could do that until this topic. I'm not new to
> ebay but I always get sniped and whats the point of looking at
> something that I can't buy? :)

Sniping doesn't help anybody win an auction. They win because they
were willing to pay more than you.

Example: You want a DeLorean that's listed, so you enter a bid of
$15,000. A sniper gets it at the last second for $15,500. You say,
"Well, that's not fair. I would have gone $16,000." Then you should
have bid $16,000 in the first place. If you weren't willing to pay
$16k, then you wouldn't have won the car regardless of the snipe. If
the sniper hadn't sniped he still would have won.

When bidding on eBay, you should always bid the highest amount you're
willing to pay for the item the first time.

> How long does Ebay keep files? I am wondering if my car is still on
> there. It highly unlikely but you never know.

30 days, I believe.

--
- Ryan
http://www.memfrag.com - Memory Fragment Search & Storage