RE: [DMCForum] Re: Delphi files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection...D

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Delphi files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection...DAMN

The ramifications are definitely serious.  I have to wonder about any
company that places the executives above all other employees though.  By
doing so, did they not set themselves up for failure and thus deserve what
happens to them?  I don't mean the lower employees deserve this, just to be
clear.

I can not verify this as absolute but read that the lowly workers were
offered 63% of their current pay yet the executives were retaining their
full pay and bonuses, some of these bonuses were in the millions of dollars.
I can't help but wonder if those executives made the proper decisions for
the company or for their own bank accounts.

I bet all that happens is they restructure, move some of the operations
overseas and the executives keep collecting their paychecks.  One or two of
the top people may be investigated or something to keep the investors happy.
In the end the lowly worker will pay for it, as will we taxpayers.

When GM saw a sharp decline in income they laid off employees and cut back
on expenses.  When Henry Ford wanted to increase sales he doubled the
salaries of his employees so they could buy what they built.  GM has it all
backwards, and it looks like they haven't even yet figured out they need to
build exciting vehicles.  The only thing GM makes that I could even consider
buying is the Corvette.

I talked with a former vendor today about an incident with Ford.  Apparently
when Nasser was replaced the new guy canceled some of the "exciting"
developments Ford was working on.  They lost a contract worth about $55
million and had to dispose of about $7 million in inventory.  That company
is now gone.

Sad.

Greg