[DMCForum] DRAIN TUBE, PLENUM (was: JOSH'S CAR--UPDATE!!)

[DMCForum] DRAIN TUBE, PLENUM (was: JOSH'S CAR--UPDATE!!)

Alot of cars don't have it but there is a deflector drain tube ( part# 101957 or
item 36 in the parts manual here: http://tinyurl.com/8zrub ) that deflects the
water down rather than out on top of the fuel pump boot.

For the thrifty folks who don't want to pay $12 shipping for a $10 item... you
can use half of an old zip disk case. The "U" shape half and wedge it between the
fuel lines and the fiberglass body. Mine hasn't fallen out for over 40,000 miles.

Shannon Y
16506

> From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: JOSH'S CAR--UPDATE!!
>
> Actually how water reaches the area around the fuel pump is another
> wonderful fault of design. The drainage vent located just in front
> of your windshield on the passenger side directly dumps right behind
> the fuel pump. So anytime your car gets wet, or you wash it, you
> have water pouring over your fuel boot area. :-)
>
>>snip<<
>
> Joe O'Brien
>
> 2524,
> 16634,