[DMCForum] DeLorean Differentials (was: Re: Racing)

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> So, you're going to race?
>
> Nothing towards you Robert, you're an awnsome guy, this is for all
> the people that asked me "What the hell are you going to race a
> DeLorean against, wheel chairs?". But excuse my expresson but
> WTF!!!!! I mention DeLorean and racing in the same sentence and every
> body acts like I said that I am going to sit my car ablaze!!!! So
> it's ok for him to race and it's not ok for me to strike up
> conversation with you guys and tell you that my roomate is wanting me
> to race him and tell you that I MAY race him on the drag strip that I
> learned my lesson with street racing. I know that I will lose but I
> love racing.
> I hope I'm missing something here. If not then, well, I don't know!
>
> Josh

That's a damn good point, Josh, and I agree that it's not fair.
Classic car ownership has different phases. The most typical being the
person who buys a car, says that they want to make it hi-po. From
there you've got 3 possiblities, but the most common are that 1. The
person either realizes that this isn't the car that they want, and
they end up hating and bad-mouthing it. 2. The person starts tearing
into the car, and loses sight, money, or interest of what their
project was, and the car is ruined, because no one else wants to take
their project on. The latter being the EXACT same senario I witness
first-hand when my dipship cousion ruined a perfect '69 Camero SS a
few years back.

Rarely does anyone follow thru with their project. And usually it's
only because they've developed the patience nessisarry to complete
their projects. But because of the notorious image that we all have of
the sterotypical shadetree mechanic who's got this realy cool car, but
he's letting it rot because he'll never finish it, the gut reaction of
many is dissuade anyone anytime they mention moddifying their car.
Especially when the modifications pertain to performance.

It's not you personally, Josh. It's just a common mindset that many of
us have. We're not trying to help owners, or even convince them to
share some sort of an ideal that cars shouldn't be moddified. We just
want to protect the cars. Look at Dave's car. Had Dave not have been
the one who got ahold of that car, it would have just been parted out.
And go back even further. What was wrong with the car to begin with?
Nothing. A good car was destroyed, taken off the road never to been
driven again, if you follow the actions of the previous owner...

-Robert

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS