RE: [DMCForum] CENSORSHIP

Jon,

There really is no censorship and nothing has really changed.  The only
addition is that if someone gets out of hand there are now consequences for
doing so.  This applies to everyone, including the moderators.

Based on my off-list conversations with Marc, at literally forty plus emails
and six hours, I feel he does believe we tried to push him out.  I can
assure everyone that is simply not the case.  I think Marc has a lot to
offer the community and have told him so.

There were several off-list discussions about these changes and Marc agreed
to adhere to the rules even though he did not agree with them.  He obviously
did not and action was taken; the very action he agreed to abide by.

There was a mistake made while trying to only ban him from posting, and he
would have had access to all other aspects of the group, but he was removed
from the list in error.  I spent some time last night trying to get it
corrected and sent him an invitation.  He acknowledging receiving the
invitation but stated he would not rejoin the list unless it went back to
how it was.

Marc has an open invitation and can re-join at any time but he, like the
rest of us, have to play by the rules.  The rules, I think, are extremely
lax no matter how you look at it.  As I stated before, no group settings
have been changed at all so anyone can really post anything they want but we
need to moderate ourselves.

For what it's worth I am a political junkie but I voted not to have it on
this list.  If the majority had voted to keep politics on here then I would
be joining in that as well, or would leave the group.

I hope that makes sense and if you, or anyone, have any questions please let
me know.

Greg